A specialist visits the scene of an incident to gather evidence, take measurements and check sightlines. They also examine vehicles, vehicle components and any other relevant physical evidence.
Reconstruction also involves vehicle speed calculations and any pedestrian involvement.
• Conduct scene‐based investigation and record physical evidence
• Prepare scene plans and undertake time and distance studies
• Accident reconstruction
• Determine vehicle speeds from physical evidence and crushing damage
• Interview witnesses to obtain further details
• Obtain technical information from suppliers and manufacturers
• Examine vehicles and components
• Provide written reports which are CRP compliant
• Meet with appointed experts and colloborate on joint reports
• Provide witness evidence in court